Boscastle Methodist Church
Situated in Fore Street a very steep one way road that runs through the old part of the village.
The first chapel on this site was built by John Rosevear as a thanksgiving offering for the fact that one of his merchant ships escaped from French Privateers and came safely into Boscastle harbour.
His son Thomas Pope Rosevear rebuilt the chapel and was re-opened and dedicated on 1st February 1825. Thomas Rosevear records in his diary that the day was 'uncommonly wet' and that the preacher for the evening, a Mr William Beal, arrived on a horse having travelled all the way from Liskeard.
Boscastle Methodist Church is part of the Camelford and Tintagel Circuit.
Sunday Services: 11am (during January and February there are no evening services.)
The Chapel is open during the day
and visitors are welcome.
Visitors are also most welcome to join in the Sunday Services.
Boscastle Methodist Chapel:
Rev Stephen Caddick,
Tel: 01840 214624
Sunday Services at 11am and 6pm See above for times of special services.
Roman Catholic Church:
St Paul's Church,
Religious Society of Friends:
Quakers meet each Sunday at 10.30am in the John Betjeman Centre, Wadebridge
Church of England:
Rev Robert Thewsey The Rectory, Forrabury, Boscastle Tel: 01840250359